Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Fall Film Challenge

The Fall Film Challenge
September 1 to November 30, 2017
hosted by Quirky Pickings | details | facebook group
MY BONUS ROUND picks (here)

I spotted The Fall Film Challenge at Happy Pretty Sweet (here) and felt that this would be a fun way to binge some films that have been on my to-watch list.

WATCH 25 films that you’ve never seen before and that fit into one of the 25 categories.

the categories:

one. starring anthony hopkins.
The Human Stain (2003) | imdb | my review | my rating: 4

two. listed on nathan bransford's best hundred movies challenge (here).
Schindler’s List (1993) | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

three. about charity: an organization, an individual, a cause, an act... interpret this as you will.
The Intouchables (2011) | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

four. starring robert downey, jr.
Wonder Boys (2000) | imdb | my review | my rating: 4

five. about envy: a character, a plot device... use your imagination.
The Beguiled (1971) | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

six. about faith.
Secret Sunshine (2007), Korean | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

seven. about greed.
Saving Mr. Wu (2015), China | imdb | my review | my rating: 4

eight. about hope.
Bakuman (2015) | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

nine. starring jeremy irons.
Assassin's Creed (2016) | imdb | my review | my rating: 2

ten. about justice.
Trumbo (2015) | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

eleven. starring kevin bacon.
Patriots Day (2016) | imdb | my review | my rating: 4

twelve. about lust.
Lust, Caution (2007), Taiwan | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

thirteen. starring ian mckellen.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014) | imdb | my review | my rating: 4

fourteen. set in a castle.
I Capture the Castle (2003) | imdb | my review | my rating: 4

fifteen. about fortitude.
It (2017) | imdb | my review | my rating: 4

sixteen. about pride.
Pride and Prejudice (2003) | imdb | my review | my rating: 3

seventeen. starring alan rickman.
Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) | imdb | my review | my rating: 3

eighteen. released last year and reviewed on slothsandmovies.com (here).
The Accountant (2016) | imdb | my review | my rating: 4

nineteen. about temperance.
The Innocents (2016) | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

twenty. about prudence.
This Beautiful Fantastic (2016) | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

twenty-one. starring val kilmer.
Heat (1995) | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

twenty-two. about wrath.
Unforgiven (1992) | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

twenty-three. set in an exotic locale.
Tharlo (2015), Tibet | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

twenty-four. about gluttony.
Dumplings (2004), Hong Kong | imdb | my review | my rating: 5

twenty-five. set in space.
Rogue One (2016) | imdb | my review | my rating: 4

the results:

I am down for 254 points.

As part of the top 5 to finish early, I won a prize :-)

~*~

* Whew! It was a challenge to pick out some of these - like prudence and temperance - huh?
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu