Saturday, August 26, 2017

Lovely Books and Things - 8.26.17

Lovely Books and Things
My Weekly Books and Films Update

Linking up with:
Stacking the Shelves (details)
Sunday Post (details)
Mailbox Monday (details)

~*~

The fog eclipsed the eclipse in my part of the world. So the viewing was done online which was fine as I did not get around to picking up a pair of those special solar eclipse glasses.

I had a quiet week at home with reading. Also, started a french themed craft project of a small purse which includes some embroidery. I will post about it upon its completion. And, went shopping at Joann's to pickup yarn for the upcoming Bernat Blanket Mystery Crochet Stitch Along (details) that starts September 18. I thought this would be a cozy project for the fall season.

~*~

Bought:

Theft by Finding:
Diaries 1977-2002

by David Sedaris
-Memoir, Humor
Amazon | Goodreads

GOT the audio version of this because I love listening to David telling his stories.

Domina
(Maestra #2)
by L.S. Hilton
-Mystery, Thriller
Amazon | Goodreads

SEQUEL to Maestra, which has been on my shelf waiting for this partner. Perhaps a binge read is in order.


For Review:

Perfectly You
by Robin Daniels
-Romance, YA
courtesy of tour -Thanks!
Amazon | Goodreads

LOOKING forward to the second book in this fun series.

The Pursuit of Lady Harriett
by Rachael Anderson
-Historical, Romance
courtesy of tour -Thanks!
Amazon | Goodreads

LOOKING forward to the third book in this lovely series.


OTHER things (kinda book-related):

Austen in August
hosted by The Book Rat (details)

HEAD over there if you haven't already for some awesome Jane Austen treats!


~*~

* comment and TELL me what you have acquired for your shelves recently

:-)

14 comments:

  1. Domina looks interesting just by the cover! I am going to have to look it up! Thanks for sharing :) Happy weekend!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! I can't say I've heard about any of the books you mentioned but Austen in August looks like so much fun! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even watch the eclipse online! How bad is that? And I totally missed it in 1979...it didn't even register for me, as my life was crumbling...LOL.

    Enjoy your books, and I'm curious about the Sedaris book.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to watch the eclipse either because there was not even a peep of the eclipse where I live(India) so I watched a little online too. It was cool, I'm sure it must have been cooler to watch it for real but I'm glad we didn't miss it completely at least.
    Lovely haul!
    ~ Priyanka @ My StS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, great looking books! I hope you enjoy them and have fun reading them. Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy your new additions! Have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching project sounds neat. Look forward to hearing how it went.
    My eclipse watching was cloud obscured,but I still got to see a little through the breaks.
    Domina does catch the attention.

    Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that the fog didn't cooperate with the eclipse but it sounds like it worked out since you didn't have the glasses. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing more annoying than weather getting in the way of an event like that. I remember how cold it was when we had the eclipse. Dark and creepy overall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had cloud cover so no eclipse viewing for me. Maybe next time! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice book covers.

    Perfectly You looks good.

    ENJOY your books and reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice variety- almost something for every mood. :-) I particularly like the sound of Perfectly You and The Pursuit of Lady Harriette. Very tempting.
    Happy Reading and crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope you love all of your new books this week. They look fantastic.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu