Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Saw You... edited by Julia Wertz


I Saw You... Comics Inspired by Real-life Missed Connections
edited by Julia Wertz

Genre: Graphic Novel
Published: 2009
Paperback: 192 pages
Rating: 4

Inspiration: got me with the book cover blurb - Near misses, brief encounters, strange sightings, lusty longings, and a little hope for love

Description from the autor's blog:
I Saw You...is an anthology of comics based on missed connection ads collected from Craigslist, weeklies and newspapers.

My thoughts:
In-a-word(s): Looking for Love
I enjoyed the variety of graphics styles illustrating this theme. However, I got a little depressed with all the missed connections. Reading this made me realize how much we gotta seize the moment.

A treat: I was excited to see that one of my new-found favorites, Lucy Knisley, contributed a comic.

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu