Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mirror Mirror (2012)


Our journey to Bruges brings us into the woods.

We stumble upon a princess who tells us her tale...


Mirror Mirror
directed by Tarsem Singh

screenplay by Jason Keller
screenplay and story by Melisa Wallack

based on story by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm

Rating: 5

Snow White - Lily Collins
Prince Alcott - Armie Hammer

They're not wrinkles. They're just crinkles.
said The Queen - Julie Roberts

Description from imdb:
An evil queen steals control of a kingdom and an exiled princess enlists the help of seven resourceful rebels to win back her birthright.

My two-bits:
Delightful take on the story with a tinge of Bollywood at the end.

This Snow White looked so Audrey Hepburn which gives her a cute pixie-like quality. But she sure can hold her own.

The Queen's beauty treatment scene is a fun one and less toxic.

Of course the costumes were the best in its fanciful and whimsical way.

You could rub my tummy! You could throw sticks! I will retrieve them!
said Prince Alcott

Here's a trailer that is a spoiler so watch if you dare...


After much merry making and laughter, the dwarves show us the road towards Castle Bryggja.

Make way, thataway...

***~*~* Fairy Tales in Bruges III schedule *~*~***


  1. This sounds cute. Perfect summer flick.

  2. I should watch this a.s.a.p... I am excited.

  3. Oooh, we were just talking about this movie last night - Julia Roberts is amazing !! :D

    The dwarves remind me of the crew from Time Bandits ... LOVE that fellow in the red hat lol

  4. My daughter saw it a couple weeks ago in a class trip and really enjoyed it also. I can't wait to see it!

  5. I enjoyed this movie too, I was actually surprised! It was cute and funny.

  6. Whimsical costumes? I can't wait.
    She does look ALLLOT like Audrey.

  7. I watched it last week. Julia Roberts is simply great! *_*

  8. I really want to watch this show. I love snow white and this looks so cute!!!!!


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu