Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Interview with Isadora Rivers from Ashley S. Morgan

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Ashley S. Morgan
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

When my car pulled up to the imposing iron gates, my breath caught in my throat. Rising high on the hill before me was a medieval castle. I smiled to myself and shook my head. Only in Los Angeles could you find a Gothic chateau, a Streamline Moderne masterpiece, a Spanish Colonial mansion, and a Medieval Castle situated only a couple of streets apart.

Today I was interviewing Isadora Rivers, a successful Hollywood actress, who, with her husband Tristan, owned this gorgeous home modeled loosely after the Carlisle Castle. After being admitted through the arched wrought-iron gates, I parked my car next to a circular fountain from which rose a pair of Botticelli-like angels. To get to the ‘house,’ I had to cross a draw bridge, the heavy oak boards creaking under my black suede heels as I passed over a murky pond full of water lilies. Before I even had a chance to lift the heavy brass knocker, the front door, painted a deep red, slowly creaked open, revealing Isadora, the screen goddess herself, wearing a flowing Juicy Couture dress with a funky print and gold ballet flats. Her blue eyes sparkling, she graciously invited me in and proceeded to usher me to ‘the hall.’

I followed her into an airy room with loft ceilings and long, rectangular green-glazed windows set into stone walls. She immediately directed me towards a grand fireplace, with an 11th century iron candelabra sitting on its mantel, and two upholstered 17th century English library chairs set in front it. She directed me toward one of the chairs, and, as I settled in, my eyes swept the room and immediately noted the intricately patterned Turkish carpets on the walls and a Dan Colen original.

As I took out my digital recorder, Isadora looked at me expectantly.

“I’m curious about your decorating choices,” I began. “Why the ancient Turkish carpet AND the modern Dan Colen original?”

Isadora flashed me a brilliant smile and smoothed her long black hair over her shoulder. “The Dan Colen was a gift from my best friend Sarah. Back when we were in high school, we saw the piece together in a gallery, and she promised me that if she ever made money, she’d buy it for me.” Isadora’s smile became sheepish as she added, “Sarah said that all the reds and greens and yellows mingling, colliding, and dripping into one another had this crazed energy about them that was ‘so me.’”

Isadora paused for a moment, and bit her lip. Then her face became dreamy as she added, “As for the Turkish carpets, when I first met Tristan, we had this special place in the woods. One day when we were lying on a blanket, watching the sunlight flickering through the flaming leaves, I noticed all the crazy patterns on the forest floor. To me, the patterns of light and shadow were as intricate as a Turkish carpet. So that’s why I bought the rugs. They remind me our special place – the place I first fell in love with Tristan.”

Nodding and leaning back in my chair, I asked “How would you describe Tristan? How do you complement each other?”

Isadora’s face lit up at the mention of his name. “Even now, Tristan is still a bit of a bad boy. I mean, there’s something deliciously dark about him. He’s rebellious, and he has a mind of his own. That said, he’s also super observant, brilliant, loyal, and he really challenges me to grow, you know? He always has. Back when we were in high school, I was totally reckless, and, well, he kind of saved me from making some fatal mistakes. I’m still a little wild; Tristan’s still a lot steadier than I am, but the combination keeps things interesting.”

“What is the darkest moment from your past?”

Isadora’s face clouded over. “Something horrible happened to me in high school. I don’t want to go into the details, but it almost ruined me. You know, changed me forever. Ripped apart my psyche, so to speak.”

I leaned forward and was ready to probe further, but I could tell by the look on her face that the subject was closed.

“Okay, final question. If you could give one piece of advice to the younger you, what would it be?”

Isadora’s expression became deadly serious. “Stop being so impulsive and melodramatic, because it will cost you dearly.” Her expression darkened and her voice became shaky. “In fact, in some ways, both Tristan and I are still paying for what happened so long ago.”

To find out more about Isadora and Tristan, you can pick up Torn by Ashley S Morgan in the Kindle Store for a mere $2.99. Thanks to vvb for generously allowing me to write a guest post for her blog.

~end

Guest post created by Ashley S. Morgan, author of Torn
© 2012. All rights reserved.

Visit Ashley:
Book Excerpt
Website
Blog
Goodreads
Shelfari

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Ashley S. Morgan
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~


READ more about Isadora's world...

Torn
by Ashley S. Morgan

Isadora Rivers feels trapped. Her small town high school is suffocating her.

Another day of wannabe gangsters, dumb jocks, and Barbie clones, and she'll just lose it.

Her keen emotional sensitivity is to blame. She sees through all of the poser behavior to the pain and insecurity simmering just below the surface, and it's overwhelming. She feels like she's literally drowning in other people's emotions.

This same sensitivity, however, makes her a great actress. Suffocating or not, her high school is one of the top arts schools in the country. Acting is not only her passion, but it also looks like her way out. If she can just score the lead role in the school play, she might get herself noticed by a Hollywood agent. But she's got a strong reckless streak, and it keeps getting her in trouble and jeopardizing her chances.

Riding her bike at top speed, she swerves in front of a car and nearly gets hit. The driver, Tristan Blake, turns out to be the mysterious new boy at school. He's rebellious, broody,and wise beyond his years. He's also devastatingly gorgeous. From the moment their eyes meet, Isadora is irresistibly drawn to him. But as soon as he enters her life, things go horribly wrong. She begins having disturbing visions full of unimaginable glamour and unbearable darkness. He knows things about her he shouldn't. And he's somehow so familiar. As he at turns pulls her close, and then pushes her away, Isadora feels like her heart is being twisted and torn.

She soon discovers that her whole future is in jeopardy, and her only hope is to stay away from Tristan. But how can she turn away from the only boy she has ever loved? As a harrowing event looms closer, one that threatens to rip apart her psyche, Isadora must reach deep inside herself and find the strength to change her own destiny. But is she strong enough to do it?


--~ eBook Giveaway courtesy of author ~--

WIN a copy of this ebook!

Open to all.

Offer ends: May 6, 2012

TO DO:

ANSWER me this: Which cover do you prefer for this book and why?

~*~

- vs -
Cover 1
Cover 2


AND, leave your email (if I don't already have it)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Contest has ended - winner is here

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


~*~

* image source brass door knocker

***~*~* Fairy Tales in Bruges III schedule *~*~***

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu