Thursday, January 3, 2019

Foreign Intrigue Book Club 2019

Foreign Intrigue Book Club
face-to-face (details)
Books, Inc. Laurel Village

Do you like to travel? Experience a country through the eyes of a local? Try the food of another country?

2019

December & January pick:

Six Four
by Hideo Yokoyama
translated by Jonathan Lloyd-Davies
-Mystery, Thriller, Japan
Goodreads | my review | my rating: 4

February pick:

The Master Key
by Masako Togawa
translated by Simon Grove
-Mystery, Thriller, Japan
Goodreads | my review | my rating: 5


March pick:

The Widows of Malabar Hill
by Sujata Massey
-Mystery, Historical, India | Goodreads | my review | my rating: 5

April pick:

The Hole
by Hye-Young Pyun
-Mystery, Horror, Korea | Goodreads | my review | my rating: 5

May pick:

Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions
by Mario Giordano
-Mystery, Italy, Sicily | Goodreads | my review | my rating: 5

June pick:

Shadows on the Lake
(Commissario Stefania Valenti #1)
by Giovanni Cocco, Amneris Magella
-Mystery, Historical, Italy, Lake Como | Goodreads | my review | my rating: 4

July pick:

Death in Brittany
by Jean-Luc Bannalec
-Mystery, France | Goodreads | my review | my rating: 3

August pick:

The Bookseller
(Hugo Marston #1)
by Mark Pryor
-Mystery, France, Paris | Goodreads | my review | my rating: 5

September pick:

Winter in the Madrid
by C.J. Sansom
-Mystery, Historical, Spain, Madrid | Goodreads | my review | my rating: 4

October pick:

Swiss Vendetta
(Agnes Luthi Mysteries #1)
by Tracee de Hahn
-Mystery, Switzerland | Goodreads | my review| my rating: 4

November pick:

The Execution of Justice
by Friedrich Dürrenmatt
-Mystery, Germany | Goodreads | my review: DNF
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu