Saturday, October 17, 2015

Stacking the Shelves - 10.17.15

Stacking the Shelves
hosted by Tynga's Reviews (details)

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

~*~

Bought:

Romancing the Dark in the City of Light
by Ann Jacobus
-France, Travel, YA
Amazon | Goodreads


=====> Books Inc. of San Francisco presented Ann Jacobus and her latest book!

Here are a few things she shared:

- first published novel (she has written 4 previously)
- set in Paris due to a real incident that occurred which is similar to what happens in the first chapter
- the incident inspired the creation of the story
- part of the San Francisco Suicide Prevention center
- theatre is her first love



My Struggle
aka Min Kamp
Book 1
by Karl Ove Knausgaard
-Memoir, Scandinavian
Amazon | Goodreads

=====> Curious to read how writing about the details and thoughts of this person's life has generated such interest that lasts throughout six volumes.

For Review:

Wreck: Hawke
(Sphere of Irony Book 4)
by Heather C Leigh
-Music, New Adult, Romance
courtesy of tour -TRSOR, Thanks!
Amazon | Goodreads


OTHER things on my shelf: kinda book-related


From Read it Forward (here):

=====> I did not win the book contest giveaway, but got these cute and whimsical coloring pages as a consolation prize. Two are from The Time Garden by Daria Song (here) and another two pages from The Time Chamber by Daria Song (here).

Dewey's 24 hour Readathon
October 17, 2015 (details & signup)

=====> Exciting times - participating in Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon which starts TODAY, 5am for my time zone.

AND binge watching:

Creature From the Black Lagoon (1954)
Revenge of the Creature (1955) --> Clint Eastwood has a small part in this one
The Creature Walks Among Us (1956)
-Horror, SciFi
Amazon | imdb

A strange prehistoric beast lurks in the depths of the Amazonian jungle. A group of scientists try to capture the animal and bring it back to civilization for study.

~*~

* some of these may be offered as giveaways within the next two months

* comment and TELL me what you have acquired for your shelves recently

* per usual, check out the sidebar for my current giveaways offers


15 comments:

  1. Love The Time Garden! It's such a beautiful coloring book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your horror movies. I hope to find something scary to watch tonight. You got some great books. Enjoy your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fun that you met the author.

    Ah, that's a cute consolation prize.

    OOh, creepy creature movie.

    I got a couple romantic suspense books for review in the mail this week. Looking forward to that. Fall always puts me in the mood for murder. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get me some coloring books. They're becoming very popular. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! I've not heard of any of these, but I hope you enjoy all of your new books when you read them! Happy reading for the month of October!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm planning on having a horror movie marathon this month, the older ones are always the best! :) Your books look amazing, I hope you enjoy them!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing these adult coloring pages more and more lately... They're so darn cute! Happy coloring ;)
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Romancing the Dark in the City of Light" looks like a GREAT read! I've just added it to my Goodreads shelves. I'm a HUGE sucker for anything set in Paris. Paris and romance just always seem to go together. Also, the level of culture in this city is just intoxicating -- it's EVERYWHERE. I'd love to live there for at least a year....sigh....

    Everyone seems to be getting into coloring these days! LOVE that!! I'm just getting into it myself, and I think it's a wonderful trend. I sure hope it continues for years to come!

    Have fun reading and coloring! And thanks for commenting on my own STS post!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to get an adult coloring book! The cover for Romancing the Dark in the City of Light is so pretty! Happy Reading :)

    My StS

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  10. Romancing the Dark in the City of Light sounds great! The event looked great.
    Enjoy your books :)

    Sugar & Snark - Latest haul

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard amazing things about Knausgard, it makes me curious... but at the same time, it really doesn't seem like my thing. I don't know! Hope you enjoy the new books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Romancing the Dark in the City of Light looks really fun. I received an arc of it, but haven't been able to get to it yet. I hope you love all your new reads (and binge watching some scary films). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read Romancing the Dark in the City of Light. It sounds fantastic! Also, I loved the definition at the end of your posts. I've definitely been sentranced. Enjoy!

    Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard any of your new books. Romancing the Dark in the City of Light seems like a great pick. Ahhh, I think I want to binge-watch horror flicks as well, thanks for giving me the idea.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu