Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pre-Dewey's Read-a-thon: October 2015

Dewey's 24 hour Readathon
October 2015 (details & signup)

October 2015 - 21 hours (my results)
October 2009 - 22 hours
April 2009 - 8 hours

Below is my prospective reading list which is subject to change depending on my mood.

I will focus on ONE and try to complete it by the end of the event. And I will get into the second book if I finish the first.

I am not sure how much reading will get done as I will be visiting other blogs, doing mini-challenges and blogging - the added fun part of the read-a-thon.

I also donated 3 book prize pack giveaways for participants of the event.

Any of your comments would be most welcome during the read-a-thon. If you're a night owl, please stop by that is when I will need the boost (to keep the eyes open) the most. Jokes (book-related) and limericks in the comments would be much appreciated ;-)

TO DO before read-a-thon:
- clear the calendar on event day
- do chores, houswork, etc. before event
- plan easy main meals - minimal preparation (maybe pizza delivery?)
- stock up on favorite munchies
- set alarm for event start time
- get some good sleeping time in before the event

TO DO during read-a-thon:
- read, blog, mini-challenge
- go to cafe for lunch and reading
- read outside (in hammock) - if the weather is cooperative

Have you done a read-a-thon before? How did it go?

Will you being joining in?

My reading list:

by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
-SciFi, YA
Amazon | Goodreads


A Little Life
by Hanya Yanagihara
-Contemporary Fiction
Amazon | Goodreads

=====> I started this one in March and have been slowly reading bits and pieces each week. It has such rave reviews which seem valid from what I have read so far. But the book is a chunkster and pulls at the heart with such sad moments which is why I have been reading it in small doses. I hope to work on this more during the read-a-thon.


  1. Good luck with the readathon! I'm hoping I'll be able to participate this year. Something always inevitably comes up to keep me from reading all day, but I'm going to try to read as much as I can.

  2. I need to participate in a readathon...I never have! I am usually reading anyway on those weekends. Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

  3. Good luck with the readathon! How exciting you've got Illuminae to read, I hope you really enjoy it!


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu