Sunday, October 7, 2012

Keep Calm: Zombies from Dust and Decay

zombie edition

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by MAD of Mary Ann DeBorde Writes (and Reads!)
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

Interview With The Undead

Vii: I'm glad you could join us today at vvb32reads.
MAD: It's my pleasure. Thank you for having me.

V: I understand you've recently read Dust & Decay. What did you think about it?
M: I thought it was great. There was lots of running, and screaming. Oh, and people got ate. Definitely a classic!

V: Um … okay. Could you be a little more specific?
M: (gleefully rubs hands together): There's this wonderful place called Gameland. And, some very considerate humans toss food … I mean …. other people, down into these cozy pits where zombies get to eat them. Very efficient setup.

V: (looks aghast): Those poor people! Gameland sounds awful!
M: Oh no. True, the pits are dug in the ground. Maybe a little paint, some curtains …

V: That's not what I meant.
M: (puzzled): You don't like the exercise? Zombies need exercise, you know. Slows down the decay, keeps 'em limber.

V: I guess what I'm trying to get at, is that the idea of a Gameland, where humans trap other humans inside pits filled with zombies, seems rather … cruel. Disgusting.
M: The zombies don't mind.

V: Hmm. What else can you tell us about Dust & Decay?
M: Yeah, okay. Well, there's this really annoying zombie hunter called Tom. He's an adult, so there's no excusing his behavior. And he teaches these teenagers – very impressionable at that age – how to fight zombies.

Dust & Decay
by Jonathan Maberry

V: Who are these teenagers?
M: (yawns): Oh, some snots from the first book, Rot & Ruin. Benny – he's Tom's younger brother. Then there's Nix, Chong, and some freaky lost girl they call Lilah.

V: So what's the plot about?
M: (puzzled): To my understanding, somebody heard a jet and decided to cross the zombie-infested ruins to see if they could track it down. They should have just minded their own damn business.

V: Wasn't there an evil guy called Charlie Pink-eye in the first book? Is he still around?
M: (all happily nostaligic): Good ol' Charlie! Did you know he fed me my first human? Salt of the earth, that guy!

V: (seriously appalled): Are you saying …
M: (wipes a tear from her cheek): Oh, yes. I'd been wandering for days when Charlie found me. Gave me my own pit, and a bit o' human to nosh on. Yep. They don't make heros like that anymore.

V: I think we're done here …
M: Those little bastards tried to kill Charlie in the first book. But, you know the old saying, “it's hard to keep a good man down.”

V: Moving right along, thank you for visiting with us today, MAD.
M: (drool forming on her lips): Say. Is somebody cooking a roast?

V: (edging away): Uh, no. Well, until next time …
M: (stumbles out of her chair): I'm pretty sure I smell meat.

V: Go away!
M: Yup. That's meat, alright.

V: (pale, terrified): I thought we were friends?!
M: (grins wide, exposing a mouthful of pointed teeth): Uh huh. And that's why I'm gonna give you a pit of your own. You'll love it. Low overhead – get it? (zombie-styled giggle snort)

V: MAD! Don't do this! MAD …
M: You'll love Charlie. Salt of the earth, that guy …

~end

Guest post created for Keep Calm and Carry On: Zombie Edition event by MAD of Mary Ann DeBorde Writes (and Reads!)
© 2012. All rights reserved.

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by MAD of Mary Ann DeBorde Writes (and Reads!)
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

--~ Zombie Craft Giveaway courtesy of MAD ~--

WIN a Keep Calm and Carry On: zombie edition magnet crafted by MAD!

Open to all.

Offer ends: October 31, 2012

TO DO:

SPREAD the word - tweet, facebook, blog, etc about this giveaway or Keep Calm and Carry On: Zombie edition event

OR post badge event on your blog sidebar with link to this site (for at least a day)

In comments make sure to tell me what you did.

AND, leave your email (if I don't already have it)

~*~

* image source for Keep Calm and Carry On

=== Keep Calm and Carry On: Zombie Edition schedule ===

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu