Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Glamorama: end credits

Glamorama
a virtual book event
March 28-30, 2012

THANK YOU dear readers for joining me for this virtual book event.

This particular event featured a delightful set of books that are either recently just released or coming to shelves soon!

Hope many of the books got onto your Goodreads to-read lists. If so, let me know in comments which books AND you will earn an extra point towards winning one of the featured books you commented on during this event.

THANKS TO: Authors, Publicists and Publishers for Book Giveaways & Guest posts

The Book of Lost Fragrances by M.J. Rose
- part of The Book of Lost Fragrances tour

~~* * *~~

WATCH OUT: it's coming next month and on my wish list!

Glamour in Glass
by Mary Robinette Kowal
Release date: April 10, 2012

Mary Robinette Kowal stunned readers with her charming first novel Shades of Milk and Honey, a loving tribute to the works of Jane Austen in a world where magic is an everyday occurrence. This magic comes in the form of glamour, which allows talented users to form practically any illusion they can imagine. Shades debuted to great acclaim and left readers eagerly awaiting its sequel. Glamour in Glass continues following the lives of beloved main characters Jane and Vincent, with a much deeper vein of drama and intrigue.

In the tumultuous months after Napoleon abdicates his throne, Jane and Vincent go to Belgium for their honeymoon. While there, the deposed emperor escapes his exile in Elba, throwing the continent into turmoil. With no easy way back to England, Jane and Vincent’s concerns turn from enjoying their honeymoon…to escaping it.

Left with no outward salvation, Jane must persevere over her trying personal circumstances and use her glamour to rescue her husband from prison . . . and hopefully prevent her newly built marriage from getting stranded on the shoals of another country's war.


~~* * *~~

IN COMMENTS: tell me if this book is on your wish list too

Also, leave you email if I don't already have it.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Contest has ended - winner is here

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~*~

* Picnik was used for some graphics creations for this event.

~~* Glamorama schedule *~~


12 comments:

  1. Well not this one, but book 1 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YES. This one's totally on my list. I luuuurved Shades of Milk and Honey, and I'm really glad that Kowal is continuing to work in the same 'world!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't before but it's going on now! :)

    bethsbookreviewblog2 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glamour in Glass is on my TBR now!

    I have added a few other books from your posts as well! I added: Enchanted and Something Strange and Deadly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have it on my wish list, but I also have to read the first one too. I already had Cinder on my Goodreads list, but I added: The King's Agent and The Book of Lost Fragrances.

    This was such a beautiful event. Cover art is so stunning these days. Thanks for putting it all together.

    Sophia
    sophiarose1816@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that cover IS glam-gorgeous!!! I haven't read Shades of Milk and Honey, but I'm so behind on all the Austen-ish books that it will take me ages to eventually catch up lol

    I added Catching Fire, MockingJay, Death Sentence and especially that awesome sounding Revealing Eden ... LOVE these yummy dystopians :D

    And, as always, thank you for another beautiful event - I'm always finding out about so many books & authors that are new to me, it's really appreciated <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is on my wish list now. Sounds very good. Please enter me in contest. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have now added GLAMOUR IN GLASS to Goodreads list. It does look wonderful.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this lovely event, Velvet! :D
    I'm dying to read Glamour in Glass! I loved Shades of Milk and Honey. *_*
    Pretty Crooked, The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, A Breath of Eyre, Enchanted, The King's Agen,Something Strange and Deadly and The Treachery of Beautiful Things are now on my to-read list. So many books, so little time. >_<

    Again, thank you for the interesting posts and for making your giveaways international! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning cover. I find the premise interesting and have added this booShades of Milk and Honey on my TBR. Have a great day!

    Cambonified[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am definitely adding this to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GLAMOUR IN GLASS !!! Love it!! Have to have it!!! Ugh! When will I ever have enough time and space in my brain to keep all these beautiful images and books? I have this book on my wish list, and; by the way, I've added you to my "Blogs I Love" list. You'll find yourself on my sidebar if you ever come by and visit my newly revamped and sopping wet from it, blog. I love your posts and panache!
    Deborah/TheBookishDame

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu