Tuesday, March 15, 2016

DNF Books for 2016

Books I Did Not Finish
for 2016

~*~

With ever growing review and tbr piles, I am making efforts to reduce the piles (in a timely fashion for the review books) by terminating reads (as soon as possible) that do not work out for me. And, instead of devoting a whole post on individual books that I did not finish, I will be doing a single post to capture all for the year. Below is the first for the year. Hopefully, not much more will appear.

~*~

Sorry authors, publishers, etc. I appreciate the review copy but I just could not continue reading...

Winterspell by Claire Legrand
Amazon | Goodreads

=====> I got halfway through, but my interest could not be held.

Destined To Hate You by Valerie Burkhard
Swoon Reads | Goodreads

=====> I was initially interested in this book because of the cover. But, it does not match the innards. Got halfway through this book and it was not progressing well enough to hold my interest.

The Sellout by Paul Beatty
Powells | Goodreads

=====> Got to page 10 and just wasn't feeling it.
=====> As this turned out to be the winner of the Tournament of Books, I will go back and give this another try.

The Tsar of Love and Techno by Anthony Marra
Powells | Goodreads

=====> Got halfway and lost steam. This set of short stories has a thread relating to each other. There were a couple amusing lines, but not enough to keep me.


In Patagonia
by Bruce Chatwin
Amazon | Goodreads

=====> Got halfway and found that it was not getting anything out of it. There were several little stories both historical and the author's present of people and things that happened in and around Patagonia. But despite all that, I was not able to get a sense of the place.


We Are Unprepared
by Meg Little Reilly
-Apocalypse
Amazon | Goodreads

=====> Got halfway and could not connect with the characters to want to follow their plight.

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu