Thursday, December 31, 2020

Wrap Up: Books

This is a wrap up to catch up with books read these past couple months.

The Duke and I
by Julia Quinn
Romance, Regency | Goodreads | my rating: 5
My two-bits: Read this to prepare for Bridgerton. Loved it and going to continue with the series as I want to see how the rest of the Bridgertons fare in love and romance.


The Big Book of Christmas Mysteries
edited by Otto Penzler
Mystery, Christmas | Goodreads
Includes stories by Agatha Christie, Mary Higgins Clark, Ed McBain, Ellis Peters, Ellery Queen, and more
My two-bits: I read a couple stories which I liked. Will continue with this book next year.


Dune
by Frank Herbert
SciFi, Classic, Space Opera | Goodreads| my rating: 5
My two-bits: Good start to the series. But, did not feel the need to continue with series. Again, read this to prepare for the film adaptation.


That Inevitable Victorian Thing
by E.K. Johnston
YA, Historical, LGBTQ, SciFi, Romance | Goodreads| my rating: 4
My two-bits: Fun romp in the Victorian era.


All Systems Red
by Martha Wells
SciFi, Novella | Goodreads| my rating: 5
My two-bits: Fell for the characters and this storyline. Must continue.


Deadly Education
by Naomi Novik
YA, Fantasy, Magic | Goodreads| my rating: 4
My two-bits:Interesting world and magical elements to the story that got me curious and confused.


~*~
* image source: reading
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu