Saturday, January 4, 2020

Foreign Intrigue Book Club 2020

Foreign Intrigue Book Club
face-to-face (details)
Books, Inc. Laurel Village

Do you like to travel? Experience a country through the eyes of a local? Try the food of another country?

2020

DECEMBER/JANUARY:

The Blood Strand
(Faroes #1)
by Chris Ould
Mystery, Faroe Islands, Denmark | Goodreads | my rating: 4

FEBRUARY:

Evil Things
(Hella Mauzer #1)
by Katja Ivar
Mystery, Historical, Helsinki, Finland | Goodreads | my rating: 4

MARCH:

Department of Sensitive Crimes
by Alexander McCall Smith
Mystery, Humor, Sweden | Goodreads | my rating: 5

APRIL:

Kolymsky Heights
by Lionel Davidson
Mystery, Russian, Siberia | Goodreads | my rating: 4

MAY:

Athenian Blues
by Pol Koutsakis
Mystery, Greece | Goodreads | my rating: tba

JUNE:

Weeping Waters
by Karin Brynard
Mystery, South Africa | Goodreads | my rating: 5

JULY:

Don’t Send Flowers
by Martin Solares
Mystery, Crime, Mexico | Goodreads | my rating: 5

AUGUST:

Death Comes In Through The Kitchen
by Teresa Dovalpage
Mystery, Food, Havana | Goodreads | my rating: tba

SEPTEMBER:

The Levanter
by Eric Ambler
Mystery, Espionage, Syria | Goodreads | my rating: dnf

OCTOBER:

Beside the Syrian Sea
by James Wolff
Mystery, Thriller, Syria | Goodreads | my rating: dnf

NOVEMBER:
Among The Ruins by Ausma Zehanat Khan
Mystery, Canada, Iran| Goodreads | my rating: 4
zombie sighting:
After she'd made the offer she had a sudden vision of Zack painting the room black shuttering its windows and creating a collage of zombies in various stages of decay.
-chapter 26


DECEMBER/JANUARY:
Overkill
by Vanda Symon
Mystery, New Zealand | Goodreads | my rating: 4


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu