Monday, July 1, 2019

Paris in July 2019

Paris in July
hosted by Thyme for Tea
(details & signup)

Paris in July is a French themed blogging experience running from the 1st – 31st July this year.
The aim of the month is to celebrate our French experiences through actual visits, or through reading, watching, listening, observing, cooking and eating all things French!


CRAFT:

Make a book bundle cover (tutorial) with a Paris scene (source).



VOLUNTEER:

Bastille Day
at Justin Hermann Plaza
July 13, 2019 (details)


Watched some Petanque with The Perfect Nanny while stationed at the kid zone area.


WATCH:


2 or 3
A Paris Education
Fidelio: Alice's Odyssey -my review
Les Cousins
Lourdes -my review
Midnight in Paris


FLIP THROUGH:

A Paris Year: My Day-to-Day Adventures in the Most Romantic City in the World by Janice Macleod | Goodreads



Citix60: Paris: 60 Creatives Show You the Best of the City | Goodreads
Lonely Planet Experience France | Goodreads

F Is for France: A Curious Cabinet of French Wonders by Piu Marie Eatwell | Goodreads

Paris: The Collected Traveler by Barrie Kerper | Goodreads

SHOP:

Used an Amazon gift card to pick up some Paris in July themed items
- Harney & Sons Paris, Black Tea
- 8pcs Mini Notebook, with Eiffel Tower icon
- Cavallini Vintage Paris 10 Pencils and 1 Sharpener
- iPhone Case with Eiffel Tower and Pink Flowers



READ:

I have a stack of books, but decided to post the final list here later. I will be reading what strikes my mood.

The stack:


Adèle by Leïla Slimani | Goodreads | my review
The Perfect Nanny by Leïla Slimani | Goodreads | my review


LISTEN: Audiobooks of Expats in Paris

Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard | Goodreads | my review
Pancakes in Paris by Craig Carlson | Goodreads | my review
Paris Letters by Janice MacLeod | Goodreads | my review

CAFE:

The Bookseller
by Mark Pryor
-Mystery, France, Paris | Goodreads


Author binge: Cara Black

Aimée Leduc Investigation series:

Murder in the Marais (1999) - my review
Murder in Belleville (2000) - my review
Murder in the Sentier (2003) - my review
Murder in the Bastille (2004) - my review
Murder in Clichy (2005) - my review
Murder in Montmartre (2006)
Murder on the Ile Saint-Louis (2007)
Murder in the Rue de Paradis (2008)
Murder in the Latin Quarter (2009)
Murder in the Palais Royale (2010)
Murder in Passy (2011)
Murder at the Lanterne Rouge (2012)
Murder Below Montparnasse (2013)
Murder In Pigalle (2014)
Murder on the Champ de Mars (2015)
Murder on the Quai (2016)
Murder in Saint-Germain (2017)
Muder on the Left Bank (2018) - my review
Murder in Bel-Air (2019)
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu