Friday, September 7, 2018

World Reads: China

World Reads
hosted by Stephanie Jane
details | my world posts

World Reads blog series challenge is to encourage and promote the reading of global literature. On the 5th of each month Stephanie Jane highlights five books. Everyone is welcome to join in by reading one or more books from a different country each month, write a post about them and include the World Reads banner.

Going to... CHINA

My reading list:

What We Were Promised
by Lucy Tan
-Contemporary, China, Shaghai | Goodreads

China Rich Girlfriend
(Crazy Rich Asians #2)
by Kevin Kwan
-ChickLit, Romance, China, Singapore | Goodreads | my review | my rating: 5

Rich People Problems
(Crazy Rich Asians #3)
by Kevin Kwan
-ChickLit, Romance, China, Singapore | Goodreads

Ghost Month
by Ed Lin
-Mystery, China, Taipei | Goodreads | my review -tba | my rating: 4


WATCH:

Noodle
Director: Ayelet Menahemi
Writers: Shemi Zarhin, Ayelet Menahemi
Stars: Mili Avital, BaoQi Chen, Alon Aboutboul, Anat Waxman
-Drama, Comedy, Israel
imdb | my review | my rating: 5


LISTEN:

Le Velours et La Soie by Jessica Fichot

A friend mentioned this Velvet and Silk Shanghai jazz song (Chinese & French)


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu