Saturday, December 20, 2014

Guest post: Tortured Souls by Kimber Leigh Wheaton


~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Kimber Leigh Wheaton
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

I’d like to introduce Raven, a main character in The Orion Circle series. Though she plays a small role in Tortured Souls, Raven will have much larger roles in subsequent books. Raven was the main character in a vampire series I started several years ago. When the idea for the Orion Circle hit me, I decided to scrap Raven’s series and combine it into The Orion Circle series.

Raven is a vampire hunter from a family of supernatural hunters. After her mother’s death at the hands of a coven of vampires, she threw herself, body and soul, into training so she could one day avenge her mother.


Thanks for joining me today, Raven. What cases are you working on right now?
Mr. Kincaid has me working with a werewolf, of all things! We are tracking a new coven of vampires building a power base in San Antonio. But truth be told, I spend more energy ditching that annoying werewolf, Blake, than actual recon. Tonight I’m heading to a carnival. Several teenage girls have disappeared from the funhouse over the last few weeks. I think the new vampires are involved.

Sounds dangerous. Do you have a plan?
No. Dad is in charge of this mission, and he seldom thinks past using me as bait. Normally that’s all we need. Poor defenseless girl in a dark alley or all alone in an abandoned building—the vamps can’t resist. Then bam! Dad and my brother, Mark, swoop in and we take the confused vamps out.

Um, your own father uses you as bait?
Well, yeah. I’m a monster magnet so the vamps will find me anyway… may as well take advantage of that.

What’s a monster magnet?
It’s rare, but some humans are born with something in their blood that calls out to monsters. It’s like they can smell me miles away. So, yeah, I make great bait since monsters of all kinds flock to me. I was asked to participate in a hunt for Bigfoot in Washington in the hope that the guy will come out of hiding for a chance to smell me. Can I just say eww, and no way.

Why don’t you like werewolves?
Because they are all soulless monsters who think nothing of ripping a girl’s heart out and feeding it to the pack!

I… I didn’t know werewolves ate people anymore…
I meant that figuratively. Though I wouldn’t put it past those sleazy monsters…

Okay. Well on that note, thanks for talking with me today, Raven. Good luck on the hunt tonight!

~end

Guest post created by Kimber Leigh Wheaton, author of Tortured Souls
© 2014. All rights reserved.

Find out more about this book and author:
Amazon
Goodreads
Website
Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter @Cymberle

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Kimber Leigh Wheaton
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

READ more about this character and her world...

Tortured Souls
The Orion Circle #1
by Kimber Leigh Wheaton
Amazon | Goodreads

Sometimes Rest in Peace isn't an option

Kacie Ramsey sees ghosts—and it's ruining her life.

Her mother left, her father blames her, and no matter how hard she tries, she can't keep the ghosts away. Now a new power has emerged. Nightly visions of grisly murders and a relentless predator draw her to the brink of insanity.

When the phantom appears at a party, Kacie's longtime crush, Logan, saves her. He invites her to join the Orion Circle, a group of supernatural hunters with chapters in schools all over the country. Through the Circle, Kacie learns to embrace her spiritual powers, and for the first time in her life she feels in control rather than a victim. But the Foxblood Demon will not give up so easily.

A demented serial killer in life who trapped the souls of the thirteen children he murdered, imprisoning them within the walls of his mansion. Now in death, he plots his return while drawing power from the pure souls of the children. He recognizes something in Kacie he's never seen before—a medium powerful enough to provide a vessel for his tainted soul.

Kacie can't ignore the tortured souls of the children crying out to her every night. With Logan at her side, she will fight the Foxblood Demon. But can they banish this powerful phantom, or will Kacie lose not only her body, but her eternal soul to the monster.



 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu