Thursday, March 8, 2012

Have You Ever Wondered from T.P. Boje


~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by T.P. Boje
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

Have you ever wondered where you go when you die?

Haven’t we all at some point? I used to do it a lot as a kid. Is heaven for real and what is it going to be like once I get there?

What kind of a body will I have? What will I look like? Will all of my family come with me? Will I meet my grandmother there?

When I was a child I remember reading Astrid Lindgren’s “The Brothers Lionheart”. To those who don’t know it, it is a book about two brothers that both die and goes to the country Nangijala, a land in "the campfires and storytelling days". Here the brothers experience great adventures. Together with a resistance group they lead the struggle against the evil Tengil, who rules with the aid of the fearsome fire-breathing dragon Katla. It is really a very beautiful book and I remember how it made me look upon death in a totally different way. Like it could actually be a new adventure.

As I grew up I never thought much about life after death and if there really was one or not. I was busy living my life and thinking about my life here on earth. But then one day not many months ago a thought just popped into my head. What if we have to go to school when we die?

As it so often happens, the thought wouldn’t go away again once it had come into my head, and I started playing with the idea. If it is true that we leave our bodies here on earth, then we must have some new body on the other side, right?

And it would probably take some time to get used to that new body. And how about going through walls and doors and stuff? I mean if we become spirits then we would have to learn how to do all those things, right?

And what about flying? That is not something that comes to us easily. We would have to practice first, right? And someone would have to teach us.

So eventually I started imagining this school that we all had to graduate from in order to be let into heaven, and soon Meghan popped into my head and started walking around on that school - that just had to be run by angels. She soon made some friends and fell in love (as it often happens when you are sixteen).

And that was when the problems began.

Because the boy was still human, living on earth, so how could they ever be together?

That was when I realized that a book-series was born. And just like the book “The Brothers Lionheart” from my childhood, it was about how dying is only the beginning of the next great adventure.

~end

Guest post created by T.P. Boje, author of Beyond
© 2011. All rights reserved.

AUTHOR BIO
T. P. Boje is a mother of two, a stepmother of another two and a hardcore cartoon lover, Tim Burton enthusiast, and enjoys any movie the Coen Brothers have made (with the big Lebowski being her favorite strongly followed by Burn after Reading). She is also a writer of Y/A Paranormal Romance, fantasy and mystery. She is originally from Denmark but currently living in Florida, USA. Her books are translated into several languages.

Visit T.P.:
Blog
Facebook
Goodreads
Shelfari
Twitter

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by T.P. Boje
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~


READ more about this world…

--~ Book Giveaway courtesy of author ~--

Beyond
by T.P. Boje
signup to win this book here


-+0+o+ YA Paranormal Activity schedule +o+0+-


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu