Sunday, March 25, 2012

Book Appeal: The Fairy Godmother Dilemma: Catspell by Danyelle Leafty

The Fairy Godmother Dilemma: Catspell
by Danyelle Leafty
Fantasy, YA

Sixteen-year-old Breena never thought anything could be worse than being forced to leave the faerie realm. Then she got stuck with a fairy godmother. But if she has to choose between the two, she’d leave the Faerie Realm over getting bossed about by a faerie with a pointed stick any day. Unfortunately, her attempt to evade her fairy godmother gives her growing pains in the form of fur, whiskers, and a tail.

Turning into a cat is the least of her worries, though. The potion wasn’t meant to bring out her inner feline, it was meant to put her to sleep. Forever. If Breena wants to make it to her Happily Ever After, she’ll have to accept that sometimes a fairy godmother really does come in handy, after all.


NOTE from author: Help spread the word -- Kindles for Kids

Kindles for Kids is my way of paying it forward. My goal is to raise enough funds to purchase 10 Kindle Fires for the pediatric unit of a local hospital in UT.

How does Kindles for Kids work?

From March 12th-31st of 2012, I will be donating the *royalties I make on THE FAIRY GODMOTHER DILEMMA: CATSPELL--both in paper and e-book form--toward the purchase of the Kindle Fires.

Royalties are paid a month to two months after the fact. Factoring in that as well as putting in the order, receiving them, and getting them ready, I will be delivering the Kindle Fires to the hospital in June of 2012.

Find out how Readers can help.

Find out how writers and authors can help.


Entry for The Hunger Games Giveaway: (details here)

In comments below TELL ME which of the three points appeals to you regarding this book...

1. Title

2. Cover

3. Description

OPTIONAL - for an extra entry you can also leave a comment or question for the author


* in celebration of the release weekend of the film version of Hunger Games


  1. Thanks for sharing this book and great cause!

  2. Thank you for drawing my attention to this great cause, good luck Danyelle!

    I would say it was the cover which caught my eye and as I found it interesting and unique it made me read the description, and now I'm even more curious!

    Danyelle, what was/is your favourite fairy tale?

  3. I love the cover. It's really pretty.

    What a great cause! I hope you will succeed, Danyelle. :)

  4. I really love the cover on this one! Soooo pretty!

    So do you have any idea how close you are to your goal yet? If you don't meet it will you be extending the end date?

  5. The cover is just gorgeous. I'd pick this up to take a closer look.

    Kindles for Kids is a fabulous project.

    Is "The Fairy Godmother Dilemma: Catspell " a stand alone or part of a series?

  6. The title and cover are whimsical and I would say conveys the spirit of the premise well. The description is succinct and presents the conflicts up front.

  7. I like all 3. The title is catchy, the cover is pretty and the description makes me want to read it.

    How many cats does Danyelle have?

  8. Thanks so much for hosting me! And thank you for the kind comments. :)

    @kimba88: Thanks!

    @Stella: I have always loved fairy tales, but my favorite of all time is EAST O' THE SUN, WEST O' THE MOON. What's yours?

    @Cayce: Thank you!

    @AimeeKay: Thank you! I've been mostly focusing on getting the word out. This week will tell, but I probably won't be extending the deadline. :)

    @marybelle: Thank you! :) It is the first book of the series, but works as a standalone.

    @Llehn: Thanks! :)

    @fredamans: Thank you! I've actually never owned a cat. :D

  9. The cover caught my attention as soon as the page loaded. What a stunning cover!

    I really admire your effort to pay it forward through the Kindles for Kids initiative. I hope you achieve and surpass your goal in this endeavour and wish you the best of luck for the future.

    I tweeted about the Kindle for Kids initiative with a link to your page at:!/SweetNSensible/status/185671976881356801

    Hope it helps!


    sarah DOT setar AT gmail DOT com

  10. I love the cover. It's so beautiful!

  11. Danyelle: I've never heard of EAST O' THE SUN, WEST O' THE MOON *gasps* will have to look it up. I love Cinderella :-)


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu