Sunday, March 25, 2012

Book Appeal: Death Sentence by Rhiannon Paille

Death Sentence
Last City on Earth: Book 1
by Rhiannon Paille
-Dystopia, YA

Fable Ketterling is the only immortal in the last city on earth.

Thirteen hundred and five years of captivity, fame, and death.

Temperance Day is the only day Fable sees the sun, and each year, she hopes it’s her last.


Entry for The Hunger Games Giveaway: (details here)

In comments below TELL ME which of the three points appeals to you regarding this book...

1. Title

2. Cover

3. Description

OPTIONAL - for an extra entry you can also leave a comment or question for the author


* in celebration of the release weekend of the film version of Hunger Games


  1. Oh, this one looks and sounds interesting. Off to goodreads to add it to my wishlist

  2. I love the blurb, but my favorite is the title, Death Sentence. I'll have to check this out!

  3. I like the cover, but the blurb has me REALLY intrigued. But it is sooo short. Maybe a bit more about the story??

  4. The title grabbed me: it's bold & pulls no punches.

    How many books are planned for the LAST CITY ON EARTH series? I ask because I like to know what I'm committing to.

  5. The title is a little mundane and is at odds with the cover which reminds me of a Stepford Wife.

    I love the description! It's got great rhythm and the economy of words is so hard to do!!

  6. The title and the cover.
    I'm on the fence regarding the description.

    Rhiannon what is your favorite movie?

  7. By golly, there's no getting around it ... I'm a sucker for interesting cover art ;D

    The gal on the cover looks like she's just received the surprise of her life, so it certainly grabbed my attention.

  8. Wow! When I opened the page I was pulled in by the title then when I glimpsed the cover I couldn't tear my eyes away. And then the blurb. In this case I have to say all 3 are fantastic in raising the reader's curiosity and interest in the book, off to read more about it on Goodreads.

    Rhiannon, how many books will there be in the series? And will each book be about Fable or every book will be about a different character?

    stella.exlibris (at) gmail (dot) com

  9. Wow! Okay, it's the definitely the cover that first caught my eye and held my attention for a long time. But once I read that intriguing blurb, I was really hooked. I'd say the cover drew me in, though.

    I'm really curious to know how events play out in this book and at which point in the future this book is actually set.

    Thanks for sharing this read with us:)


    sarah DOT setar AT gmail DOT com

  10. Hey Everyone!

    Thanks for your responses! Hmmm my favorite movie is The Holiday with Kate Winslet and Jack Black.

    Last City on Earth is a 6 part mini series. The stories are short, which is why the blurb is scant.

    It's set in 3325CE or 1305TE (Temperance Era) they all live in a giant city underneath the permafrost in Antarctica.

    Glad you guys liked the cover, it's hard to find stock images that suited what I wanted!

    Also, East Side Boy, the second in the series is out now as well :) expect the rest bi monthly this year. They're great for a quick short read.

  11. The cover is beautiful, the way her hair blurs into the rusted gate. But, the title caught my eye. I'm not one to read blurbs (crazy I know, but sometimes it tells too much.) This time it tells just enough. I actually love the blurb!!!!


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu