Sunday, March 22, 2009

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
Published: 2005
Paperback: 498 pages
Rating: 5

Inspiration: To celebrate the DVD release of Twilight, I'm going to post my thoughts on the Twilight series which I read last year.
Bella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

My thoughts:
In-a-word: Immortal
I enjoyed the series about a romance between a human and vampire. I also admit that Twilight was my favorite of the 4 books. I love the way Stephenie Meyer explains how her vampire world could co-exist with the human one - pretty believable. And, this was the first place I've heard of vegetarian vampires.

From this paranormal teenage romance, the question arises as to whether Bella's love for Edward is worth turning immortal for.

My favorite podcasts on the Twilight series:


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu