Thursday, February 22, 2018

Spotlight: Logan's Run by William F. Nolan, George Clayton Johnson

Logan's Run
by William F. Nolan, George Clayton Johnson
-SciFi, Dystopia
Amazon | Goodreads

It's the 23rd Century and at age 21... your life is over! Logan-6 has been trained to kill; born and bred from conception to be the best of the best. But his time is short and before his life ends he's got one final mission: Find and destroy Sanctuary, a fabled haven for those that chose to defy the system. But when Logan meets and falls in love with Jessica, he begins to question the very system he swore to protect and soon they're both running for their lives. When Last Day comes, will you lie down and die... or run!

~*~

Someone close to my heart turns 21 today *HAPPY BIRTHDAY* which got me thinking of books related to that age.

Logan's Run popped up at the top of the Google search.

I remember watching the film version way back. It struck me as a creepy and chilling movie at the time. But, good and sparked the imagination. This calls for a re-watch.

I did not know that it was based on a book. Since the book, there have been sequels, spin-offs, adaptations and possible film remake. After this discovery and reading the premise I am so curious to read the original.

Adding it to my tbr pile...
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu