Sunday, September 6, 2015

Bloggiesta: September 2015

September 17-20, 2015
@Bloggiesta #Bloggiesta
(details and signup)

In short, Bloggiesta is a blogging marathon revolving around ticking off those items on your to-do list and improving your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Our awesome mascot Pedro (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize) is ready to break out the nachos, enchiladas, drinks, mariachi music and whack a pinata or two! It’s nothing short of an awesome fiesta!


I have seen Bloggiesta goings on now and then which looked like a fun way to get blog organized. So, giving it my first try this month using the basic master list.

IF you tried this challenge before, let me know how it went for you.


A Bloggiesta Master To Do List!

☑ write two reviews
☑ update link lists and archive lists
☑ update Goodreads reviews
☑ clean up labels/tags
☑ change or fix one thing on your sidebar
☑ add a page (about me, contact, policy, etc) - will update it
☑ change one thing on your layout and/or look
☑ comment on other Bloggiesta partipants blogs
❏ participate in at least one Twitter chat
☑ do two mini challenges
How to Create a Back Up Email from Brianna at Book Vixen
Clean Up Your Email from Aloi at Guiltless Reading

Extra for me:

☑ update templates
☑ delete old drafts
☑ create outline for 2016 blog calendar
☑ create outline (at least two) for virtual book events

Bloggiesta Chats: #Bloggiesta and follow @Bloggiesta
Thursday September 17 at 7 pm Eastern: Words (hosted by Suey from It's All About Books)
Friday September 18 at 4 pm Eastern: Interactions (hosted by Suey from It's All About Books)
Saturday September 19 at 9 am Eastern: Visuals (hosted by Rachel Noel from Purple Owl Reviews)
Sunday September 20 at 3 pm Eastern: Free for All and Feedback (hosted by Jessica from The Bluestocking Society)

Update notes:

September 17:
Slow start.
Just linked sidebar Bloggiesta Start image on sidebar to this post

September 18:
Did some behind the scenes updates on above list.
Visited a few fellow Bloggiesta participants.
Found that I do not have any Books read by Title in the "X" category. Will search for an "X" book to read within the year.

September 19:
Worked on mini-challenges. So nice to have emails cleaned up and super old ones deleted.
Created outline for blog calendar.

September 20:
Created a rough outline for virtual book events.
Due to timing, a Twitter chat is the only thing I could not complete. Next time...

In general, I had good time and loved devoting specific time for these blog housekeeping tasks. I also found myself starting to brainstorm ideas for the blog for next year.



  1. I hope you enjoy this Bloggiesta...I have been participating now for several years, and I always have fun and feel so great afterwards. Thanks for visiting my blog.

  2. What a fun way to do needed bloggery housekeeping. Hope you get a lot done and have some fun with the others, too.

  3. Sounds like a fun way to do a little blog housekeeping :)

  4. Wait so you are supposed to do ALL of this in 3 days?! I'd be lucky to do this in 3 weeks ;) I do wish that I was able to devote a solid few days to blogging- to get a little ahead instead of always playing catch up! That would be heaven! Good luck with the challenge!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

  5. I just joined this as well. It'll be a very busy four days, but I need to get through my list. I hope you get a lot accomplished!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

  6. Bloggiesta is one of my favorites and really gets me back into a very good bloggy mode.
    Good Luck with your awesome list! I hope you can get a lot done! :)

  7. So looking forward to getting things done!

  8. Bloggiesta is a blast I hope you get your list done. Happy Bloggiesta-ing!

  9. That's a good looking list! It's my first time too. Best of luck!

  10. Wowie zowie :D Wonderful way to clean house with the best company on the web!

  11. I've participated in a few bloggiestas now and my fav part is the chats and the mini challenges. They often distract me too much from my own to-list but that's all part of the fun! Good luck with your goals :D

  12. Good luck! I got off to a slow start too, but am trying my best to get everything done. As for an X book, have you read XVI by Julie Karr? Not a new book, but pretty good. Have fun!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

  13. Congratulations on your achievements for the Bloggiesta. I hope you enjoyed it.


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu