Friday, July 15, 2011

The Friday 56: Happy Birthday to Me


The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted at Freda's Voice.

If you want to play along, here are the rules:

Grab a book, any book.
Turn to page 56.
Find any sentence that grabs you.
Post it.
Add your (url) post in the Linky at Freda's Voice.

~*~


Happy Birthday to Me
by Brian Rowe

PAGE 56: i have the ebook version, so sentence is from location 56

I stayed awake and daydreamed I was seventeen again, when all was right in the world.

~*~

Ahhhh, seventeen!

What fond memory do you have when you were that age?

I remember the amazing feelings of freedom and independence when driving around in my very own car.

~*~

* stay tuned: giveaway for this book will appear during the rrRoad Trip event, July 24-27

* If it's your first time here, WELCOME!
and feel free to signup for my other current giveaways on my sidebar -->

16 comments:

  1. 17 ey?! I don't have a lot of good ones from that age actually.... I got pregnant at 17. Love my kid, hate the age I had him at.
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, I like the last sentence in the book review. Mayhap our character drank a love potion? hmmm....
    I fell in love when I was 17 & we've been married for 26 years. And, he loves to read too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17...I was shy, silly, and getting just getting used to small town rural Manitoba...

    This book looks good, but the thing about it is, every time someone on blogger posts about it I immediately think it's the blogger's birthday...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started to find my own voice at 17, living in Pittsburgh -- not wholly confident but getting there. STILL you couldn't pay me to be 17 again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me, too - I thought it was your birthday, Vii, was all set to wish you great big rotting Zombie Hugs lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the cover art on this one. Oh, the C.S. Lewis quote is on my post signature. The book quote was under the book. I appreciate you stopping by. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh...17...that's when I first met my amazing boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fearless at 17. That's what I remember. Youth does that doesn't it?

    Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 17 seems like a long time ago :)
    I met my closest friends at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 17 was a great time. I felt like I could be anything and anyone I wanted to be. Now, nearly a decade later, I know better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know about 17, I'd have to say 35 was the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and thank you for visiting my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 17 was my senior year in high school and one of the best years: good friends and we were the older, "cool" kids now! This is my second post for the blog weekend of July 15-17.
    books4me67 at ymail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think fifteen was a more momentous year for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had my son when I was 17, and he just turned 32 yesterday. Every age is great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just read this book a little while ago , pretty good but not my favorite.
    As for my memory... well I'm only 16 so I guess we'll see in a year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu