H I P
H O O R A Y
to the NaNoWriMo participants!
They have gone through another year of intense writing and hopefully churned out some good stuff for us readers to delve into in the future.
For those who want to gear up for next year's session...
Here are some tips to keep in mind which author of Random Magic, Sasha Soren, compiled for her Take Five Series.
Spinning the story
View the complete list here.
If you're interested in a bit more on the art of writing, try this...
Like a Professional
by Philip Yaffe
Description from the amazon:
Effective writing and speaking are critical for all students and professionals in this challenging and competitive world. Professional level writing and speaking depend on only a handful of easy-to-understand principles.
The Gettysburg Approach goes straight to the foundations, defines these principals and explains how to apply them. Through a variety of examples and simple exercises, this exceptional guide will help anyone sharpen their skills and rapidly learn to write and speak clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
Good reference guide for both writing and speaking.
And if you budding authors want to incorporate a blog or website to promote your wonderful books then read this too...
by Dreams and Speculations
1. Every author’s website should include an easy-to-read, complete bibliography that makes it absolutely clear whether a book is in a series (and where in the series) or not.
2. Keep readers in the loop on when they can expect new books–especially in series.
3. Please, please, please make the website easy to navigate.
4. Read complete article here.
* The Gettysburg Approach review copy was courtesy of author