Sunday, November 8, 2009

In My Mailbox - 20


Bought:


The Giver
by Lois Lowry - my review
-the dystopia challenges are calling me


Dies the Fire
by S. M. Stirling
-more dystopia






Tomorrow, Maybe
by Brian James
-thinking of doing a Discover Brian James theme week


Thief
by Brian James


Love, Lies and Lizzie
by Rosie Rushton - my review
-a YA re-telling of Pride & Prejudice
-preparing for the Pemberley Ball - please join me!
-note: this book will be featured during the Pemberley Ball with a giveaway offer


Borrowed:
Yeah, actually went to the library. My name was finally up from the waiting list. ;-D


Leviathan
by Scott Westerfeld
-steampunk, baby


*In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. A post where we share books acquired via mailbox, library, store, etc.

9 comments:

  1. Love the Giver. Make sure you read the whole set, people often don't realize there are more books. Changes the idea and the feel totally.
    Never heard of Love, Lies and Lizzy, might have to look into that. I won Leviathan, still haven't received it, starting to worry that something happened. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leviathan?!? i so want to read that one! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I'm not the only one out there who hasn't read The Giver. I have the books but never picked them up. The Stirling book looks rather interesting...might have to check that out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously just read a review about Leviathan. It was so good that I quickly added it to my tbr list. Hope you enjoy it too and let me know when you reviewed it. So want to read that.
    Happy reading to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leviathan and Love, Lies and Lizzie are both brilliant. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books you got this week. I own most of Scott Westerfeld's YA books but I haven't got Leviathan yet. Hope you enjoy reading your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh - Love, Lies and Lizzy sounds cute. I've been reading so many great Pride and Prejudice books lately.

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Giver is soooo good! Totally horrible, but awesome. Can't wait for your review of Leviathon. If you wanna enter to win a copy, there's a contest for it going on here.
    BTW, I'm having my first contest, have you entered? It's a little complex because it's in conjunction with another blog, but I'm giving away one of five books (winner's choice). :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu