Sunday, October 25, 2009

Read-a-thon: It's A Wrap

My Dewey's Read-a-Thon

Start: Saturday, 5:00 am PST, October 24, 2009
End: Sunday, 2:30 am PST, October 25, 2009

The results:
Made it to Hour 22 - not too shabby

This time around I opted to read short pieces to add variety and a sense of accomplishment after each reading.

Total Number of pieces read: 8

A mix of short stories, essay, novella, novel chapters and a graphic novel.

Total Number of pages read: 328

Other participants you’ve visited: at least 3 per hour

Mini-challenges completed: 7

These were fun and if you haven't seen them yet, please do. You're sure to get a smile.

Collection Obsession - check out Syd's fairies

Feed Me Seymour! - I won a prize for this!

Musical - Spectacular Spectacular with Ewan McGregor ;-D

My reading list:

Benediction: Excerpt from The Warlord of the Air
by Michael Moorcock
from Steampunk edited by Ann & Jeff Vandermeer - my review

This Year's Class Picture
by Dan Simmons
from The Living Dead edited by John Joseph Adams - my review

A Study in Emerald
by Neil Gaiman
from Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman - my review

Trickster in a Suit of Lights:
Thoughts on the Modern Short Story
from Maps and Legends: Reading and Writing Along the Borderlands by Michael Chabon - my review

The Call of the Cthulhu
by H.P. Lovecraft
from Tales by H.P. Lovecraft - my review

Night and Night's Travelers
from Asleep by Banana Yoshimoto - my review

Ring
by Koji Suzuki (read part 1) - my review

snuck this one in at the end:

Fables: War and Pieces
by Bill Willingham - got up to page 90 during read-a-thon - my review

Overall experience:
Whew! I had a fabulous time reading, blogging and a bit of cheering.


Thanks to the hostesses:
They did a great job with organizing this special event!

Eva of A Striped Armchair
Hannah of Word Lily
Nymeth of things mean a lot
Trish of Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'?

Thanks to the mini-challenge hosts:
Their challenges were fun and creative which added extra sparkle to this already awesome event.

Special thanks to the many cheerleaders and commenters on my read-a-thon posts who helped me along the way! I was especially tickled to get posts from my blomies (you rock)!

And to the hubby and daughter for staying out of my hair. Love ya - xoxo!

So am I doing this again next year?
It's a maybe.
- depends on the date which will be announced later today (i think).

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu