Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tru Blood for Mere Mortals

Sookie alert:

If you are familiar with Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series or with the HBO True Blood TV show, then you know that Tru Blood is the drink of choice for vampires.

Well now, non-vampires can partake of a Tru Blood wannabe. According to the July 26, 2009 post on OMG! - A blood orange beverage, Tru Blood, will launch this fall.

It is said to be a "uniquely carbonated, slightly tart, lightly sweet" drink.

I'm not much of a soda drinker, so I won't be indulging in this concoction. Will you?


I love this poster of Bill for the True Blood season 2 promos.

To see posters of Sookie, Eric, Tara, Jason and Sam go here. There is also one other poster of a dark-haired woman that I did not recognize, maybe Pam? (please comment below and let me know) These posters are just as good as Bill's with the blood trickles on different parts of each person.

I don't get HBO so I won't see these episodes until they're on DVD. Meanwhile, I'm working my way through the season 1 eps.

7 comments:

  1. I don't have HBO (or cable for that matter) and have to wait for DVDs as well. What great posters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaky! I love True Blood the show, and I'm sure I'd try it,but I don't know if I'd "drink" the drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the series at all but I've heard a few people say they loved the books but hate the series. Just wondering if anyone else thought the same? And what makes the books so good? I may add them to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the picture caption says it's Maryann. I don't know if it's just been such a long time since I watched True Blood or if she's a new character cause I can't seem to remember a Maryann in the first season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmsgofita - the sookie character is such a sassy and tough yet naive one that you can enjoy reading about and bill, the vampire, is ever the gentleman for sookie. definitely try the first book of the series!

    i can see why people may not like the tv series. it can be quite graphic and harder to stomache. when reading you can easily skim over unsavory parts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. austenfan - oh yeah, i didn't notice the name blurbs on the side before. i did a bit more research and found out that Maryann is the maenad who appears in book 2 of the series - a new character. so, she would not have appeared in season one because that followed book 1 and season 2 follows book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet. I'll give the first book a try then! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu