Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dewey's Read-a-Thon - My introduction

I'm finally clocking in for the read-a-thon. The start time for my zone was 5am. I started at 6:40am reading to 9:44am. However, it wasn't solid reading. I had breakfast and had to help my husband and daughter get out the door for the Artseed Earth Day Art-a-thon. My 12 yr old daughter and a couple of her friends are hosting a fairy-making table for the day. Hubby is volunteering his time to help out, while I get to stay home and relax from a week of work.

I'm taking a reading break now to catch up on the read-a-thon posts and to post book reviews.

Now, on to the introduction questions:

Where are you reading from today?
I'm reading from San Francisco, CA. Temperatures outside will reach up to 56 degrees with some clouds which is ideal for outdoor adventures. Although I'm seeing some sun, I'm happy enough to be indoors for the day.

3 facts about me …
Love to read
Have an open mind
Can make a mean mexican mochaccino

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
4

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Since it is my first time, I don't have any expectations. I just want to experience it bit of everything along with the reading.

FYI:
I'll be posting my progress here.
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu